Sunday, June 29, 2014

Letter # 57 (June 29, 2014)

This week we had exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders. If you remember, my STL is sister Van Slooten from my MTC district. It's always fun to see her and we got to go on exchanges last time. But this time I got to go with her companion in her area. Exchanges are kind of different once you are pretty far in the mission. I've been here just as long as them, but there is always something to learn. That's my goal each day, is to make sure I am still progressing and learning. It's really easy to just say, "oh, I've got it all figured out." But we never will have things figured out, there is always more progression needed and always more refinement needed. This week the Lord has helped me learn a lot of things that I need to work on. It's an important learning experience to choose to be humble and learn rather than be prideful and ignorant.  I think I've been blessed to always see my weaknesses, but it's good to take a step back, and see how some of my previous weaknesses have become my strengths. It gives me motivation to keep praying searching and developing all the things I want to keep working on and developing.  I still have 4 months to fully give myself to the Lord. I feel other sisters getting "trunky" and I just don't want that for myself. I don't want to slow down and tire down or wear down, but I can feel my body weakening. I pray each day that I can continue to become a "sacred missionary." A missionary who is holy and not casual. I think I look back at this weak, and I became casual. I have been consecrated at this time, and I took it for granted this week. I wasn't disobedient, I just slacked in dilligently working my hardest every day. It's easy to just go to the same appointments and become relaxed and settled in only planned activities and not just talking to everyone you see. I guess that is disobedience in its own way. I've been spending the weekend repenting and setting goals for improvement. I know this sounds really intense... don't worry, I'm just dramatic. I am NOT trunky and I WILL continue to be a missionary who spends her time wisely and treats her mission as a HOLY and SACRED experience. :) 

On a completely different note, I got my haircut on monday because it was way too long and looked completely fried from the sun. When I walked into the Salon and the haircutter in english told me, "It's DEAD! What did you do!" Haha. Before she started cutting my hair I started talking to her about the gospel and trying to get to know her and asking about her family. I was just trying to spread the Love of God, but she kind of got irritated with me. I told her I just wanted it trimmed up a bit because the sun completely fried it, but she helped me out by just chopping off ALL of the fried yellow parts. I think she was trying to tell me that she really wasn't interested in my message. It's okay, because I'm learning. I will now wait until the end of the haircut to teach them. Wait utill they put down the scissors. :) My companion told me it looked okay, but it took me a couple of days to like it. It's been a while since I've had shoulder length hair. I just saw the picture of ally, looks like we're twins again! I promise I'm not copying you. It turns out my hair is curly when it's short and the air is humid... so good news, it's not that bad. I'm still scared of the scary lady at the hair salon. (But there's no fear in faith, so I'm having faith that the next missionary to go in can soften up her heart.)

I can't believe all the missionaries I've known my whole mission are going home. And the other sister Smoot only has two more transfers! I can't even believe it. And I don't want to believe it. I just know that I only have 4 more months to give to the Lord my full-time attention and 4 more months to completely master Ilonggo (although I love it because it is the most beautiful, fun language) 4 more months to set the rest of my life, 4 more months to change the world... I know I can not do it alone because this is not my work, this is Heavenly Father's work. But I'm glad I can consecrate myself as one of his instruments so that he will pick me as one of his daily tools. Thanks for your kind words and Happy Birthday Ally! I know you will be a better missionary than me next month because you can learn from my mistakes and successes. I'm so glad I get to write you when your over in CHILE! Love all of you! 

Palangga ko kamo! Labina si Hermana Smoot! Nalipay gid ako para sa imo!
Love, sister Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment