Sunday, June 1, 2014

Letter # 53 (June 1, 2014)

Each week is pretty much the same, the miracles just switch around from people to people and from place to place. I've been focusing this week on keeping the excitement going. It's kind of hard when the body starts wearing down, but the last thing I want is to be trunky. Don't worry, I'm not trunky or slowing down, I've just had some opportunities to keep boosting my motivation this week.  I feel like I have to be fully conscious about staying completely focused and working at full power and using ALL the skills that Heavenly Father has helped me to develop.  I feel like my whole mission I've been progressing and learning and improving, but over the last month or two I've looked back and haven't seen a lot of progression. I just sat down and wrote down everything I still want to develop and learn on my mission and prayed over this whole week for opportunities to keep learning and progressing. I think that is my greatest fear for my mission is to not progress. I'm grateful for this mission, for this mission president, for the high expectations, high hopes, focused mission vision, and for the guidance and cousel from leaders and the Spirit. I know we can all reach the potential God has for us. It just depends on how we use the gifts and resources He is giving us.  It just makes me smile to know how much He loves us, that he will give us opportunities to grow and become better each day. (I don't know if that makes sense... just some thoughts on my mind).

This week we met a new family. The Tilliana Family is a Part-Member family. Sister Tilliana grew up in Cadiz and all of her family are members in the Church. I asked her who they were, and they were all people I taught and worked with in Cadiz 2nd branch. I basically know her whole family. Sister Tilliana is less-active, but she has such a large desire to bring her family to church. She has three girls 14, 9, 6 years old. None of them are members and her husband is not a member. She has such a quiet and peaceful spirit about her as she talks about the church. You can just feel how much God loves her and her family. The only problem is that their family is the FARTHEST place from our area. It takes 30-45 minutes to go there, and there are not a lot of other people there to talk to or teach. There is a little chapel out there for all the people and it is another religion called, "The Church of Christ". So that's been a little confusing for people as we introduce who we are as missionaries for "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints". And they only sometimes understand that there is a difference. It's okay, we have the faith that we can reach their hearts and we can get to whole little community to travel to the true Church of Jesus Christ that is 30 minutes away. We have already had a lot of miracles in that area and found about 5 other investigators around the Tilliana home. Either way, their family is worth it - we just have to be a little more creative about our time.

SCHOOL STARTS TODAY. The summer vacation just ended and everyone has been preparing to go back. I realize that for all of you, school just ended... but it has been summer break for the last two months here. As everyone has been preparing to go back, I have been feeling the excitement of school too. I get those same exciting feelings I get when I walk into office-max or the school supply section. I know, I'm a total nerd, but I secretly miss school supplies and studying in the Library. I've had to repent for my desires to back to school. I know that there is no other place I am supposed to be. This is where the Lord wants me, and this is where I want to be. But School is fun too and I'm ready to go back when the time comes. Who knows what is in store for me? 

I know this letter is a little more scatter-brained, but I want you to know how much I love you and how much I love my mission. I could never buy these experiences in any life-time.  I am so grateful for these opportunities to grow and develop. Thanks for the support and love!
Love, Sister Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment