Monday, May 13, 2013

We got our very first handwritten letter! (May 8, 2013)

I hope it's ok to send this!

Dear Family, Kaamsta!!

I love you guys so much! Thanks for all of our love & support. They are letting us write a letter to our families the first night, so I am not breaking the rules. ;)
This first day was crazy! A lot of people got overwhelmed and everyone is just asking, "How's your first day? Everything is going to be fine."
Haha I just have to smile. I am totally taking the advice & enjoying everything and smiling & laughing. For some reason I am totally calm. It's crazy. Maybe it will hit me later, but I am already really comfortable here.
EVERYONE knew Jenna! She is so cute and told everyone to take of me. She even left me a note in our classroom. :)
I have ave two companions. We are the only trio in our district, but I'm sure there are others. People keep saying companionships are hard but we get along really really well.
We are the three that are the most smiley and we are trying to have really positive attitudes. We are ready to take over! hahaha JK
Sister Dixon, Sister Nielson and I. Jenna's companion was also Sister Nielson so people keep commenting how there is another companion pair Nielson and Smoot. Also her grandpa is our Highland Stake Patriarch Stowe and our old Bishop Stowe's uncle.
Anyway, I walked into class and the teacher started talking to me in Hiligaynon. Yeah, so I don't really know what he said, but we used a lot of charades. He won't speak any English until next week, so pray for me, my accent sounds like hick Spanish...it needs some work!
I love you all so much! OH! We had a group discussion with a real investigator, it was a lot of pressure, but the spirit flooded in and he started crying. It was so amazing!
My brains a little fried. I don't know if this is making sense, but I love you!!! Don't worry mom, I will send pictures. I saw my roommate Sadie within the first 5 min-so fun! (going to Italy)

I love you all!
Love, A (whoops) Sister Smoot


No comments:

Post a Comment